Sunday, November 28, 2010

Adventures with New Social Networking Stuff…..Part One….

Shirley Garcia
Student ID #: 11468539
Info 506: Social Networking for Information Professionals
Lyn Hay—Fall 2010

Aaaarggggh! Twitter!

Ok! I must be terribly honest. I never really understood twitter! I have never had an account, and I have been very apprehensive regarding the registration process. Twitter wants information I do not want to give…Like my full name! I don’t really understand twitter. From my understanding, this site allows the user to post whatever thoughts come to mind….I’m trying to figure out the use for this, both personally and for information professionals. The only way to find out, I suppose, is to jump in and explore. So ok here goes. Activating a twitter account….So I made sure that my e-mail address cannot be searched, and that I do not receive twitter updates to my email….baby steps :)
. As soon as I clicked on “activate my account”, I received a response that stated “twitter is over capacity. Please wait a moment and try again”. Huh? I haven’t done anything yet….confusing….
 
I have now logged onto our class at csu.edu….I know there is a “twitter channel”….clicking on reply has brought me to a home page and I already have two followers….see now I find that creepy….;)
After clicking on the reply button, I was brought to my home page, and it says something like “tell the world what you’re thinking!” All I wanted to do was reply! In the box, it says @lyn_hay….hmmm do I type before or after these characters? Ok…made a “tweet” and I have nno idea as to where it went…. Guess I’ll find out! :)
For fun, I wanted to find someone to follow. I went to Conan O’Brian’s website and clicked on his latest “tweet” and was directed to twitter. Interesting…very interesting…yay! I just figured out how to find Lyn_Hay…I am now a follower! Inch by Inch, I am figuring this twitter out….more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment