Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Second Life

Shirley Garcia
Student ID #: 11468539
Info 506: Social Networking for Information Professionals
Lyn Hay—Fall 2010

After a bit of difficulty, I am finally navigating through the world of Second Life. It definitely takes getting used to (even though I read the tutorial, I still have difficulty sitting!). Second life, from the aspect of education is actually quite interesting. Yes, I am still learning, but I was quite happy when I was finally able to be teleported to the CSU Learning Center! I am still learning about how to view materials, but this will come with time and practice. My first thought was of how amazing it would be if users from all over the world could visit the MoMa, or the MET or the Rubin, all through Second Life! This technology can allow people who would never otherwise have the opportunity to engage in really wonderful experiences. No, they probably won’t be able to taste the gelato at the MoMa (which is delicious by the way!), but maybe their avatar can stop by the café in between exhibits!
 

1 comment:

  1. This entry is, in part, for OLJ Assignment Module 2: Second Life

    ReplyDelete